Sustainable Development Goals11 February 2020
Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace24 June 2021
PRISMA INSTITUTE is an organization that aims to bring solutions that will ensure the PROTECTION of PSYCHOLOGICAL HEALTH in business life with businesses and employees.
Protective approaches to psychology and health around the world have found a place in the business world and a guide based on the ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System Standard has been prepared as a result of long-term studies. ISO 45003 was published, completing the development lifecycle followed in the development of an international standard.
Even the name of this standard, named “ISO 45003:2021 Occupational health and safety management — Psychological health and safety at work — Guidelines for managing psychosocial risks” offers us the following directives:
- Psychological health should be considered as a component of the occupational health and safety management system; should be managed.
- In addition to creating physically safe conditions for employees, psychologically safe conditions should be created.
- Psychological safety should be addressed as a component of occupational health and safety management; should be managed.
- Everything that threatens psychological health and safety in working life is called “psychosocial risk”. Psychosocial risks should be analyzed and these risks should be managed.
- In order to manage the psychological risks, the reasons causing this risk should be determined, and the psychological health problems that arise as a result of the risk should be understood. Preventive and remedial solutions should be implemented.
- Managing any phenomenon requires:
- The current situation should be measured.
- Ways and solutions to be followed in order to achieve the goal must be implemented.
- The contribution of these solutions must be monitored and measured.
- Areas for improvement should be identified and practices that will increase the effectiveness of solutions should be implemented.
- This process should be continued in a way that ensures continuous improvement. Thus, we manage the subject that we focus on.
- The same principles apply to managing psychosocial risks:
- In the current situation, it should be measured how healthy and safe the employees feel themselves psychologically.
- Goals should be set to ensure the psychological health and safety of employees.
- Solutions must be put into practice to achieve this goal.
- It should be measured to what extent the solutions provide the desired results, and whether the employees feel psychologically healthy and safe with the implemented solutions.
- Necessary updates and improvements should be made to the aspects of this solution and applications that need improvement.
- Thus, a business will become able to manage psychosocial risks.
The Psychosocial Risk Management Institute, which we introduced to you with the short name PRISMA INSTITUTE, aims to guide your institutions in analyzing and managing psychosocial risks. It will support the implementation of ISO 45003 in businesses with its data-based approaches using sound techniques of psychology.